Welcome to graduate admissions at Leighton University! Whether you're currently completing your undergraduate degree program and thinking about your next endeavor or already in the working world and considering an advanced degree, Leighton University graduate admissions are here to support you in navigating the admissions process. Graduate applicants to Leighton University are students who have completed a four-year bachelor's degree at a regionally accredited institution.
Minimum Admissions Requirements
Prospective graduate students must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Hold the minimum equivalent of a four-year baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university in the U.S. or its equivalent from an accredited foreign institution or a Bologna bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 180 European Credit Transfer System (ECTS) credits.
- All students confirming enrollment must provide an official (sealed) transcript and degree statement (with date of award & title of degree awarded) for verification to the Leighton's School of Graduate Studies Admissions Office. For more information, see Official Transcripts Requirements. Students who submit an official transcript to their admitting department are still required to submit an additional transcript to the Graduate Studies Admissions Office upon enrollment.
- Credential evaluation reports are not accepted as a substitute for official school transcripts.
Grade Point Average
- Have earned at least a 3.0 GPA (on a 4 point scale) from a regionally accredited college or university in the U.S. or its equivalent from a foreign institution for the last 90 graded quarter credits or 60 graded semester credits from a baccalaureate degree.
- If you earned additional credits from an accredited institution after your degree, you may include these credits in calculating your GPA.
- Graduate programs may consider an applicant with a GPA below a 3.0. Graduate programs must submit an admission petition to the School of Graduate Studies Director of Admissions and receive approval before an offer is made.
- Demonstration of English proficiency is required of all non-native English speakers.
- Applicants who do not meet the minimum required score will not be considered for admission. We do not offer conditional admission.
- Admitted students with scores in the 80 -91 range will be required to take additional English/language classes during their graduate studies.