Minor Program At A Glance
Business Administration - Marketing
With a minor in marketing, students can complement their major area of interest with an important set of skills that will give them insight into the external functions of a business. Students who have a background in marketing will have an idea of what it means to work as a team member and will be able to help companies become more prominent players in the changing atmosphere of our society. This minor is available only to students majoring outside of the Marketing major.
The 18 credit hours minor program require a minimum of 12 credit hours be taken at Leighton. No matter what your major is, the knowledge and skills you will acquire through the Business Administration minor will serve you well upon graduation, helping you both in your job search and your ability to be successful in your career field.
A Business Administration/Marketing minor is open to students from any program except for majors in Business Administration/Management. Over the course of your minor, you'll gain foundational knowledge and skills in basic business terminology, concepts, and current business practices; financial accounting; the concept of the supply changing and its management as you cover everything from product development, sourcing, production, and logistics, as well as the information systems needed to coordinate these activities, and marketing, as well as concepts and management and effectiveness of the advertisement enterprises, retailing, and consumer behavior.
The Minor in Business Administration/ Marketing will be posted on a student's academic transcript, but not on the diploma. The following requirements must be met for the completion of the minor:
- The minor requires no fewer than 18 academic credits, with at least nine credits at the upper level (300- or 400-level courses).
- The student may use a maximum of six credits to satisfy the requirements of both a major and a minor.
- Courses completed in one minor may not be used to satisfy the requirements in another minor.
- No more than two of the required foundation courses (or six credits) may be taken at an institution other than the three of the four foundational courses transferred into Leighton may be used.
- At least one upper-division credits applied to the minor must be taken at Leighton University.
- No course with an earned grade below “C-" may count towards a general business minor.