Minor At A Glance
Minor In Economics
As an economics minor, you'll study how markets work and how income is distributed. Your classes will also explore the role and effects of competitive markets and monopolies on the economy, as well as the problems of unemployment and inflation.
Program Goals & Outcomes
Upon the successful completion of the Economics Minor:
- Student will understand economic theories and institutions in both microeconomics and macroeconomics.
- Student will have the ability and skills to find and interpret economic information and data.
- Student will have the ability and skills to analyze complex problems and arguments using economic models or reasoning.
- Student will have the ability and skills to communicate economic arguments in written form following the communication conventions of economics.
- Students will demonstrate economic literacy by using economic terminology in everyday life.
- Students will acquire fundamental knowledge and skills to critically evaluate economic/social issues and policies from various perspectives.