Your success in an online program does not require that one is a computer guru in any way. However, some reasonable levels of literacy and resourcefulness are necessary.
Ability to use computer technology will support your communicate with administration, faculty, and peers. Leighton University encourages all students to ensure that they have access to a computer with the minimum specifications set forth below.
- Windows® 2000, XP, or Vista.
- Microsoft Office® *
- Antivirus Program
- A Dependable Internet Service Provider
- Firefox/Mozzilla 3.0 or Internet Explorer® 8.0 (or Higher) (Available at no cost when downloaded from the Internet)
- E-Mail Capability (Available online at no cost)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader® (Available at no cost when downloaded from the Internet)
Working knowledge of Microsoft Word®, access to the Internet, and e-mail is very critical
Computer operating system : Windows10/or Mac OS10.11(EI Capitan) or higher
Monitor: 15" monitor; Capable of at least 1024 * 768 resolution, 1,000:1 contrast radio
Processor: Intel i3 or equivalent:2GHz or higher
Memory: 2GB of RAM or higher
Hard Drive: Chorme is the preferred browser for students in the program to use. Check Canvas's Which Browsers does Canvas support? page to review the requirements for accessing the full range of the Canvas Course Management System features.
Internet Connection: Broadband (cable or DSl) connection required. At least 2 Mbps download speed and 2 Mbps upload is required for exams proctored through Examity -test internet speed at www.speedtest.net